Rogue Amoeba’s audio editor Fission debuted seven months ago and provided lossless editing of MP3, AAC, Apple Lossless, and AIFF audio files. Fission has been upgraded to version 1.5 and brings with it several major new features.
With version 1.5, Fission now has full audio insertion support, allowing audio to be copied and pasted in a single file or between multiple files. Files can also be merged with a simple drag and drop from the Finder. The new Gain Adjustment feature allows the volume of any file to be manually increased or decreased. Fission even sports full support for cue sheet files.
The Full Fission 1.5 feature list:
• Full audio insertion support
– Copy and paste audio within a single file
– Combine audio from other files and between audio formats
– Drag and drop files to append to existing audio
• Increase and decrease gain of audio selections
• Full support for cue sheets
• Auto-complete in Inspector fields
• Added Zoom to Selection command
• Added Album Artist tag to Inspector
• Several minor bugs fixed
Aimed at the consumer market, Fission costs just $32. Users can also save by purchasing in a bundle with Audio Hijack Pro for just $50. Fission 1.5 is a free update for previously registered users.
Fission is immediately available as a free trial for Mac OS X 10.4. Fission is fully functional, but will degrade the quality of audio saved while in trial mode.
More info and download link here.