IBM today announced the availability of Lotus Notes 7.0.2 for the Mac OS X platform, providing the enterprise Macintosh community an email and collaboration platform with advanced productivity features and a user interface with all the design elements with which they are familiar.
The Notes 7.0.2 client provides Mac users, including those using Intel-based Macs as well as Power PCs, with the following instant messaging, presence awareness and Web 2.0 features:
• An enhanced user interface and key email productivity features, enabling Mac users to group emails through a conversation thread, to view emails at-a-glance and to save work in progress without having to manually activate the save function.
• Enhanced collaboration through integrated instant messaging and presence awareness, allowing Mac users to communicate in real time across the enterprise from within the Notes e-mail, calendar and contacts.
• Full calendaring features, such as group scheduling and meeting delegation.
• Embedded RSS technology, allowing users to publish data from any Lotus Notes application using an industry standard RSS format.
• A feature-rich, easy to personalize blog template for the creation of interactive online journals, which bloggers can add or update content to on or offline.
Lotus Notes 7.0.2 for the Macintosh is available immediately. Lotus Notes software starts at SRP of $101 per seat.
More info here.