“US download music sales increased by 77% in the first half of 2006, while album sales fell by 4.2%, according to research company Nielsen Soundscan,” BBC News reports.
“More than 14 million full-album downloads were bought, compared with 6.5 million purchased during the first six months of 2005,” The Beeb reports.
“Although digital sales are growing, music fans are eschewing the more profitable full-album downloads in favour of cherry-picking a few songs,” The Beeb reports.
Full article here.
MacDailyNews Note: Apple’s iTunes Music Store dominates the U.S. market with 72% of music downloads according to NPD Group.
• Introducing the super-fast, blogging, podcasting, do-everything-out-of-the-box MacBook. Starting at just $1099.
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.