“David Ortiz, in the process of changing into workout gear yesterday, leans over and opens a Louis Vuitton shoulder bag that could — out of earshot of Ortiz — be called a man purse. While explaining that it’s hard for him to pass an Apple store without buying an iPod, he unzips the bag and pulls out a black version, one of five he owns, and scrolls through the hundreds of songs in search of some video,” Amalie Benjamin reports for The Boston Globe. “While the Colorado Rockies, according to a story Friday in the Denver Post, have taken to using their iPods to try to find their way out of slumps, downloading seasons of at-bats, the Red Sox surveyed weren’t sure how that would play in Boston. Though Ortiz and Curt Schilling are faithful video viewers on flights, Ortiz said not too many on the team take advantage of the time in the air, with some players rarely taking video out of the clubhouse.”
“Alex Cora, for one, thinks that might be healthy. ‘Personally, I’m a big video guy, always watching video and comparing,’ said Cora, who borrowed Manny Ramírez’s lime green iPod yesterday after recently misplacing his own… ‘But video stuff can be very, very positive, but it can be very, very negative. You’re going to see your bad at-bats over and over again. If you don’t make an adjustment, then you’re going to go back and see what you’re doing wrong, and then you panic,'” Benjamin reports. “So, for now — despite registering some interest in the concept — hitting coach Ron Jackson is going to leave the iPods to their primary use: music. Though, he added, many of his players use them for visualization, for relaxation, in the clubhouse, in the batting cage, and even in the dugout. ‘It’s something to think about for the future, if they come out with a bigger iPod,’ Jackson said. ‘That would be nice. That would be good. Technology has really just taken off. A lot of guys are doing it right now and you’d never know. They may have it downloaded right now. You never know.'”
Full article here.
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Reader “Gary G.” for the heads up.]
Manny’s still using his iPod mini?
• Introducing the super-fast, blogging, podcasting, do-everything-out-of-the-box MacBook. Starting at just $1099
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.