“If you ask people what they think about the MacBook Pro, currently the flagship of Apple’s portable computing line, you’ll get comments about its powerful processor and impressive speed, its ability to dual-boot OS X and Windows, and—if the person actual owns one—probably some complaints about how danged hot the thing gets. While some have looked to Apple to remedy the problem, others have taken matters into their own hands and gotten some noticable results.,” Tanya Klowden reports for Ars Technica.
“The short version of the story so far is that earlier users who cracked open their cases found bountiful amounts of thermal paste (which conducts the heat away from the processor to, in this case, everything else) and, when they reapplied said paste correctly saw significant temperature decreases,” Klowden reports.
More info in the full article here.
• Introducing the super-fast, blogging, podcasting, do-everything-out-of-the-box MacBook. Starting at just $1099
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
Related MacDailyNews articles:
Apple’s MacBook Pro sure is cool, but, wow, it’s hot! – May 15, 2006