“The most popular show in America will take a big digital leap tonight when ‘American Idol’ announces that it will begin selling downloads of performances from the Tuesday episodes,” Steve Zeitchik reports for Variety.
“As previously reported (Daily Variety, May 2), downloads will be sold on AmericanIdol.com and will be available — though, notably, not via iTunes,” Zeitchik reports. “Video downloads will sell for $1.99, while audio downloads will go for 99¢. The entire episode will not be available… The deal, which is handled at the net by Fox digital division FIM, will see coin shared between that unit and producers Fremantle and 19 Entertainment.”
Full article here.
According to the AmericanIdol.com online support page: “You will need Windows Operating System and Windows Media Player 9.0 or better in order to activate and play your files.”
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Reader “JB” for the heads up.]
[UPDATE: 1:52am EDT: Added Windows-only info to headline and report.]
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
Apple adds hit programs from Fox, FX, Speed, Fuel & 20th Century Fox to iTunes Music Store – May 09, 2006