“There were several things that had been keeping me from switching. First, the cost of the Macs is quite a bit more than PC’s. Well, sort of. If you built a PC with the same basic configuration as a Mac, it’s about the same price, if not a little more. But Mac goes high end,” Tim Priebe blogs for GetASiteOnline.com. “Second, there’s the learning curve. Let’s face it. Macs and Windows PCs do not operate in an identical fashion. Although they have many similarities (ie point and click with the mouse), they are not the same. So it takes time to get used to a Mac after using Windows since 1995 and earlier. Finally, there’s the software. It’s a common misconception that you can’t get all the programs for Mac that you can for your Windows PC. While the programs are certainly not equivalent, I have yet to find a Mac program that cannot replace a Windows program I had.”
Priebe writes, “Plan A, then, was to slowly make the transition to using my Mac Mini, while simultaneously continuing to use my Windows computer. My PC had other ideas.”
MacDailyNews Note: Blooown up, sir!
Priebe continues, “So Sunday night, I ordered an iMac… I’m looking forward to using the Mac full-time. It is certainly more stable than Windows, and a lot more user-friendly. Granted, it is different, but I think after a couple of weeks using it full-time, I should be used to it. Now to get all new software.”
Full article here.
MacDailyNews Note: For potential Windows to Mac switchers: remember, if you don’t want to buy all new software right off the bat, you can download Apple’s free Boot Camp software or Parallels Workstation virtualization software (US$39.99 with 30-day free trial) and run Windows and your Windows software on your Mac. Then you can just replace your old Windows software with Mac software over time.
Boot Camp info and download link is here: http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/
Parallels Workstation info and download link is here: http://www.parallels.com/en/products/workstation/mac/
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.