Parallels has announced the beta release of Parallels VM Compactor 1.0, the company’s virtual hard disk management tool that optimizes performance of any Parallels, VMware or Microsoft virtual machine running Windows 2000, 2003, or XP by compacting its hard drive by up to 80%. Compacted hard disks help optimize virtual machine performance and more efficiently use real disk space.
Users can download Parallels VM Compactor 1.0 Beta and try it free for 30 days.
No matter which virtualization solution you use, Parallels VM Compactor 1.0 can help you improve the performance of Windows virtual machines and better manage physical and virtual disk space. The product works seamlessly with any Windows 2000, 2003 or XP virtual machine built with:
• Parallels Workstation 2.1 for Windows, Linux or Mac OS X
• VMware Workstation
• VMware GSX Server
• VMware Server
• Microsoft Virtual PC
• Microsoft Virtual Server
Features and benefits:
• Effectively cleans up disk space Windows virtual machines, resulting in better performance and faster disk access
• Significantly reduces the size of expanding virtual hard disks to more effectively use real hard disk space
• Creates smaller virtual machine images that are easier to share. Compacted images can easily be burned to a CD or DVD, or quickly transferred over network
More info and download link here.
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
Related MacDailyNews articles:
Washington Times: Parallels Workstation 2.1 ran Windows XP ‘quite nicely’ on an Apple Macintosh – April 18, 2006
Parallels Workstation 2.1b4 released; run Mac OS X, Windows & Linux concurrently on Intel-based Macs – April 18, 2006
Apple’s Boot Camp vs. Parallels Workstation for running Windows on Intel-based Macs – April 14, 2006
Video of Parallels running Windows XP on Mac OS X showing real time clock – April 11, 2006
Video of Parallels running Windows XP on Mac OS X – April 07, 2006
Parallels releases first virtualization solution for Intel-powered Apple Intel-based Macs – April 06, 2006
Parallels to intro virtualization software for Intel-based Macs – April 04, 2006