“When Apple released Remote Desktop 2, I for one hoped they would finally add basic functionality like the capability to drag files from and to your desktop to and from a client machine. They didn’t. Instead, you had to follow a rather cumbersome methodology to copy files from a client to your console system. Version 3 of Remote Desktop fixes that, and a lot more. The new version also adds a number of impressive features,” IT Enquirer reports. “Apple still positions Remote Desktop as a management tool for educational and lab users, but the capabilities and features have been expanded and will now appeal to a much larger audience of administrators. Let’s just say that Remote Desktop 3 will appeal to all types of Mac users who deal with networks of Macs, and with mixed networks of Macs and PCs.
“The first new feature that got my attention is Remote Desktop 3’s Spotlight feature. This will obviously only work with Tiger systems, and this alone would justify an upgrade, because it is incredibly powerful,” IT Enquirer reports. “Remote Desktop 3 has become much more flexible and powerful in other areas as well. Take for example, the Control window. You can control a Remote Desktop 3 client just as you’ve always been able to. But there are a number of features added to that window. It all starts with three additional icons…”
Full review here.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
Apple introduces Apple Remote Desktop 3; now optimized for Intel-based Macs – April 11, 2006