“Apple is getting rid of its old G4 powered Mac Mini computers at Costco, the store where America buys its cat food and pallets of toilet paper at steep discounts,” Silicon Valley Sleuth reports. “The $699 price tag gets consumers a 512Mb Mac Mini with a 80Gb hard drive, as well as a wireless keyboard and mouse, which originally weren’t included with the Mac Mini. It also comes with a three year warranty, where the Apple stores only offers 90 days.”
“The offering allows Apple to get rid of excess inventory, but selling Apple computers at Costco isn’t without risk. The store isn’t exactly known for its attention in its in store displays. Especially this caged presentation (see picture in full article), makes the Mac Mini look far less impressive than in an [Apple] store,” SVS reports.
Full article here.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.