“Steve Wozniak says he never intended to change the world. That was the other Steve, Steve Jobs. He just wanted to build computers. Oh, and he really — really — wanted to spend his career as a Hewlett-Packard engineer, a position he reluctantly left. Life turned out differently for the self-trained electrical engineer. In 1976, he and Jobs started Apple Computer, which would help launch the personal-computer revolution,” John Boudreau writes for Knight Ridder Newspapers. “Wozniak, who will publish an autobiography, “I, Woz,” this fall, prefers to stay out of the spotlight but willingly signs autographs on everything from laptops to an apple (the kind you eat).”
“He also recently linked up with former Apple Chief Executive Gilbert Amelio, who was ousted from Apple in 1997, and Ellen Hancock, who was chief technology officer, also until 1997, to form Acquicor Technologies. It raised $150 million last month to buy other technology companies,” Boudreau writes. “Wozniak recently sat down with the San Jose Mercury News to talk about Apple’s 30th anniversary in his home perched in the Los Gatos hills.”
Full article here.
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Reader “Too Hot!” for the heads up.]
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
Microsoft ‘pleased’ with Apple’s Boot Camp; Woz says ‘It’s a great thing for Apple’ – April 06, 2006
Woz raises $150 million with Acquicor IPO – March 15, 2006
Wozgate erupts – March 03, 2006