“Three decades is a long time, and Apple is a company rich with history. This short quiz will challenge the Mac expert and yet entertain the Apple novice. See how well you do. The company has its origins in the home brew computer pioneers congregating around the Silicon Valley in the mid-1970s. Today, that ancient history is difficult to imagine as computer technology finds its way into every niche of our consumer society,” David Morgenstern writes for eWeek. “Instead of a long thought piece, chronicling the rise and fall and rise again of Apple and its co-founder Steve Jobs, I offer this quiz that will test your memories of Apple, the Macintosh and in places the industry. It’s a tough one: Are you up for the challenge?”
“There are four parts: Beginnings, Some of these questions go back to the beginnings of Apple and others look at more recent iPod-era events; some are easy and others are on the tough side. And beware of a couple of trick questions,” Morgenstern writes.
The challenge begins here.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
The Beeb posts ‘How much do you know about Apple’ quiz in honor of Apple’s 30th birthday – March 31, 2006