To celebrate the thirty-year history of Apple Computer, starting with the orginial Apple I through to the latest Intel-based Macs of today, along with other memoriable products like the LaserWriter, Newton and, of course, the iPod, Nicholas Pyers will be giving a presentation remembering this remarkable history using Apple’s own print and video advertisements.
Nicholas Pyers has been an active Apple User Group Supporter for over 15 years, both locally and internationally, starting with Apple //’s and now using Macintoshes. He writes articles, produced puzzles and provides presentations to any non-profit Macintosh User Group [MUG]. A couple of years ago, Nicholas was invited to present “Twenty Macintosh Years” to the New Zealand Digital Solutions Expo and New Zealand MovieFest 2004, as well as presenting it to AUSOM Incorporated and the Central Victorian Macintosh Users. Twenty Mac Years covered the twenty year history of the Apple Macintosh Computer, using the video advertising of Apple Computer, Inc. Thirty Apple Years expands upon this well received presentation and now covers the Apple I, the Apple //, the Apple ///, Lisa, Netwon and of course the iPod.
The presentation will take place on Saturday April 1, 2006, 1:00pm – 3:00pm (doors open at 12:30pm) at Main Auditorium, Building 4, Elgar Road Campus, Box Hill TAFE, Cnr Elgar and Whitehorse Roads, Box Hill, (Melbourne, Victoria, Australia). Entry is FREE and there is no need to RSVP, but seats are strictly limited, so be sure to arrive early. If you are in Melbourne on April 1st, try to attend Thirty Apple Years as it should be an enjoyable stroll down the Apple memory lane.
This presentation is hosted by AUSOM Incorporated, Australia’s Leading Apple Macintosh User Group, and other AUSOM sessions will also be occurring throughout the day commencing from 9:30am and going through until 5:00pm. You can get more on those sessions from: http://www.ausom.net.au/nextmeeting.html
More information about the Thirty Apple Years presentation, including a 90-second QuickTime Teaser, can be found at: http://www.nicholaspyers.com/thirtyappleyears/
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.