“Shares of Apple Computer Inc. slipped 4 percent Tuesday, after an analyst said the company will likely not be holding a special 30th anniversary event as some industry observers expected,” The Associated Press reports. “UBS analyst Benjamin A. Reitzes, said in a client note Tuesday that according to unnamed industry sources the company will not be holding a special event around April 1 to mark its anniversary — though he added he still expects the company to announce new products to be announced in the near term.”
“‘We continue to believe that Apple will introduce new Intel-based iBooks (important for education) and a larger MacBook Pro in the June quarter,’ the analyst wrote,” AP reports.
Full article here.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
Citgroup analyst expects ‘fairly eventful’ Apple announcement around 30th anniversary on April 1st – March 13, 2006
RUMOR: Apple to hold special media event in late March, early April – March 10, 2006