On Friday, Paul Thurrott quoted Australian Personal Computer’s Dan Warne, “Microsoft revealed today that it will not support EFI booting for Windows Vista on its launch. The news will be a shock for owners of Intel Macs who had hoped they would be able to dual-boot between Windows Vista and OS X. Intel Macs only support booting via EFI.”
In case you missed that news, we covered it last Thursday here: Microsoft Windows Vista will not support EFI booting (Intel-based Macs only support booting via EFI).
Thurrott’s reaction: Yikes. So. Does anyone want to buy a near-new Intel iMac? 🙁
Daring Fireball’s John Gruber beat us to the punch on this one with the concise headline “Dipshit of the Week: Paul Thurrott” and the two-line note, “Ends up, surprise surprise, that Windows Vista probably won’t boot the Intel-based Macs. Paul Thurrott now apparently wants to sell his new iMac — which, of course, Apple has explicitly stated would never support Windows.”
More wit and witticisms can usually be found over at Daring Fireball: http://daringfireball.net/
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
Related MacDailyNews article:
Microsoft Windows Vista will not support EFI booting (Intel-based Macs only support booting via EFI) – March 09, 2006