“Apple is being hamstrung by product transitions, but should start beating earnings estimates again later this year, Citigroup said in upgrading the stock to buy from hold Monday,” TheStreet.com reports. “The brokerage maintained its 12-month price target of $82. Apple closed Friday at $63.19, down 12% since the start of the year. The current price is 29.5 times the Thomson First Call earnings estimate of $2.14 a share for the 12 months ending this September.”
“Citi expects Apple to complete its transition to Intel-based microprocessors in August with the introduction of a new, dual-core PowerMac, with Intel-based iBooks coming as early as April. The brokerage also expects Apple to release a new video iPod in April. ‘We believe the medium- to long-term story remains intact,’ Citigroup wrote. ‘In short, Apple remains one of the best ways to play the digitization of music, photos and video. While [Microsoft’s] Vista may close the gap at the operating system level, Apple will maintain a lead with media management apps and on-line downloads… our modeling suggests that the company will begin to generate significant upside again beginning in the September quarter, once the product transitions are behind the company (assuming the current consensus estimates do not trend higher between now and then).’ In early trading, Apple shares rose $1.86, or 2.9%, to $65.05,” TheStreet.com reports.
Full article here.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.