“Everyone who goes to South by Southwest knows that it’s the coolest conference there is,” Daniel Terdiman blogs for CNET. “the very proof that SXSW is the pinnacle of effortless cool, is in the press room, of all places. Now, I’ve been to a lot of conferences. In cities like San Francisco, New York, Phoenix, Los Angeles, even others here in Austin. And in every previous case, if the press room even bothered to provide computers, they were PCs. The sole exception was at E3–the annual video game industry blowout in L.A., where there were a number of iMacs.”
“But walking into the SXSW press room Sunday, I saw something I never expected: a row of gleaming, brand-new Apple Computer MacBook Pros, sitting and waiting for the scribes to get their paws on them,” Terdiman blogs. “Now I can die a happy reporter. Or at least one who has climbed a mountaintop of cool.”
Full article here.
MacDailyNews Take: Lucky SXSW reporters! By the way, wherever Macworld Expo provides public computers during the conference, they provide Macs, too, of course.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.