In reviewing Microsoft’s anti-spyware tool “Windows Defender” for The Washington Post, Rob Pegoraro writes, “You’d be foolish to rely on Windows Defender alone to rid Windows of spyware. But you’d be about as foolish to rely on any other single anti-spyware utility. Keep a few on hand, but also use your own common sense and switch to safer software– like the Firefox and Opera Web browsers, which lack the ActiveX feature exploited by the pirated-games site. Or you could just get a Mac.”
Full article here.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
Related MacDailyNews articles:
Attempting to protect Windows PCs from viruses, worms while Mac users surf the Net with impunity – January 31, 2006
Study shows battered Windows PC users scared to go online; Mac users surf freely – July 07, 2005
Unlike Windows users, Mac OS X users surf the Internet without a care in the world – December 28, 2004
Windows spyware mess is out of control, get a Mac and surf with impunity – December 21, 2004
Want safe Internet surfing? Spend your time tweaking Windows or just get a Mac and be done with it – December 18, 2004
Sick of spyware, adware headaches? Get a Mac and surf the Internet freely – December 13, 2004
Spyware plagues Windows users while Mac users surf Net with impunity – November 01, 2004
Windows users line up to pay for spyware removal; Mac users surf Web with impunity – October 18, 2004
Even Bill Gates can’t avoid Windows malware; Mac users surf the Web freely – October 03, 2004
Spyware, adware plague Windows users online; Mac OS X users surf freely – April 19, 2004
Washington Post: Internet punishing for Windows users, Mac users surf with impunity – February 28, 2004