Design Mobel’s “Pause” bed is crafted from sustainable New Zealand Rimu with aluminum detailing. Optional accessories include minimalist side lamps and aluminium storage trays, yet perhaps the most exciting feature is how the shelves can seamlessly accommodate an iPod universal dock and BOSE speaker system. These electronic accessories allow you to enjoy and awaken to your favourite tunes in the most personal of spaces. The concealed iPod universal dock also provides a convenient means for recharging your iPod.
“In designing Pause we explored the notion of ‘rest’ (whether it be while awake or through sleep) and how we choose to create our own personal bedroom space. In doing so, the conceptual design of Pause aimed to challenge the conventional definition of the bedroom environment. The resulting design incorporates functionality that lets your mood guide the pace,” says Pause bed designer Dan Gillingham.
The Pause bed is currently available at all major Capt’n Snooze locations in Australia and at all 18 Bedpost stores located throughout New Zealand.
More, including contact info for those living outside Australia or New Zealand, here.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iMac and MacBook Pro owners: Apple USB Modem. Easily connect to the Internet using dial-up service. Only $49.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.