“A bold global charity initiative from U2 icon Bono could see the introduction of a special edition red iPod from Apple,” T3 reports.
“Late last week rumours surfaced that a red iPod is in the pipeline. This began following a post on Popbitch which claimed that U2 front man Bono was overheard ‘in Dublin’s Michelin-starred Patrick Guilbaud restaurant discussing a new charity red Amex card and red iPod,’” T3 reports.
“Bono today unveiled the aforementioned red Amex card as part of Product Red – a new brand of red merchandise created to help fight the global battle against HIV,” T3 reports. “Although Apple hasn’t officially been named as one of the partners in this new charity scheme, we’ve heard that an announcement could soon be on the cards.”
Full article here.
Note: In case this doesn’t materialize, if you really want a red iPod (or any other color), ColorWare will do it for you today: http://www.colorwarepc.com/
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iMac and MacBook Pro owners: Apple USB Modem. Easily connect to the Internet using dial-up service. $49.00.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.