What to look for in Apple’s earnings report today:
• Did the lower-priced iPhone SE eat away at sales of more expensive models?
• Are service revenues still growing strongly?
• Will Tim Cook change his story again on the upgrade rate of current iPhone owners?
• Have Apple’s troubles in China gotten any worse?
• Are Macintosh and iPad sales getting better or worse?
Read more in the full article here.
MacDailyNews Notee: As always, we’ll bring your the results as soon as they are available (simply check our home page at 1:30pm PDT/4:30pm EDT today) and we plan to cover the conference call with live notes as usual. That link will appear on our home page around 1:45pm PDT/4:45pm EDT later today.
On April 26, 2016, Apple provided the following guidance for Q316:
– revenue between $41 billion and $43 billion
– gross margin between 37.5 percent and 38 percent
– operating expenses between $6 billion and $6.1 billion
– other income/(expense) of $300 million
– tax rate of 25.5 percent