“The application requires an iPhone 5s as it is completely based off of the new iPhone’s M7 motion co-processor chipset,” Gurman reports. “Like with the FuelBand hardware, iPhone 5s users can utilize the application to track their movement and transform those statistics into Nike’s proprietary Fuel Points system.”
Gurman reports, “The app is available for free on the App Store.”
Read more in the full article here.
MacDailyNews Note: Nike’s Nike+ Move app notes:
Nike+ Move is the simplest way to capture your every move, and motivate you to move more!
Exclusively for use with iPhone 5S, Nike+ Move uses the M7 coprocessor to convert your movement into NikeFuel, the first-ever single, universal unit for measuring all kinds of activities. No matter your age, weight or gender, the same activity earns you the same amount of NikeFuel.
Nike+ Move offers insight into when you move, how you move and where you move – and lets you challenge your friends to see who moves more.
• Win the day by beating your NikeFuel average and watch your goal ring change from Red to Green.
• See when you are most active throughout the day and how you’re doing compared to yesterday.
• Move more often and win as many hours as you can throughout the day.
• See how you moved through the day with a breakdown of running, walking, and other movement.
• See where you’re moving and where you move the most each day.
• Check out how you compare against your Game Center friends or other Nike+ Move users near you.
• Note: iPhone 5S is required to get motivated with Nike+ Move.