“In October 2012, we asked TechRepublic members to share with us their organization’s plans for Windows 8. Over 1,200 people responded, and we compiled the data into our Windows 8 Business Intentions report,” Detwiler reports. “The following are five key takeaways from the report.”
• 73.7 percent of respondents say their organizations have no plans to deploy Windows 8, with 23.8 percent reporting that they will skip the OS altogether
• Only 15.8 percent of respondents who run Windows XP or an earlier version as their organization’s primary OS say they plan to deploy Windows 8
• Security and tablet/mobile integration top the list of factors rated important by respondents who plan to deploy Windows 8.
• The Windows 8 style UI and associated end-user training requirements are off-putting to many respondents
• The number of respondents in Australia, Canada, Europe, and the US with plans to deploy Windows 8 was lower than in China, India, and Southeast Asia
Read more in the full article here.
MacDailyNews Take: Windows 8ista.
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Reader "Dangerfrog" for the heads up.]