“Samsung Electronics said Tuesday it would fight Apple Inc.’s attempt to ban the sale of some of its smartphones in the U.S. with ‘all necessary measures,'” Evan Ramstad reports for The Wall Street Journal. “After winning a jury verdict for patent infringement against Samsung in a U.S. court last week, Apple on Monday asked the presiding judge for a permanent injunction against the eight phones that accounted for most Samsung’s U.S. smartphone revenue in the first six months of the year. Apple told Judge Lucy Koh that it reserves the right to pursue permanent injunctions banning the sale of all 28 devices that the jury on Friday found to violate Apple’s intellectual property. Judge Koh will rule on the request on Sept. 20.”

“Samsung responded in South Korea on Tuesday with a one sentence press statement. ‘We will take all necessary measures to ensure the availability of our products in the U.S. market,’ it said,” Ramstad reports. “Samsung spokesman said the company’s options included filing to stop the injunction, appealing if the judge grants it and modifying products. Samsung officials have already begun to talk to wireless carriers about removing or modifying infringing features to keep products on the market if the injunctions are granted, according to a person familiar with the matter.”

Ramstad reports, “Peter Toren, a patent attorney with Weisbrod Matteis & Copley PLLC in Washington, said Judge Koh is likely to grant Apple’s latest request, given that she already issued one preliminary injunction against the tablet-style computer Galaxy Tab 10.1 before the trial began.”

Read more in the full article here.

MacDailyNews Take:

[Thanks to MacDailyNews Readers “Fred Mertz” and “Dan K.” for the heads up.]