Apple today released iOS 11.2.5 which includes support for HomePod and introduces the ability for Siri to read the news (US, UK and Australia only). This update also includes bug fixes and improvements.
• Setup and automatically transfer your Apple ID, Apple Music, Siri and Wi-Fi settings to HomePod.
• Siri can now read the news, just ask, “Hey Siri, play the news”. You can also ask for specific news categories including Sports, Business or Music.
Other improvements and fixes
• Addresses an issue that could cause the Phone app to display incomplete information in the call list
• Fixes an issue that caused Mail notifications from some Exchange accounts to disappear from the Lock screen when unlocking iPhone X with Face ID
• Addresses an issue that could cause Messages conversations to temporarily be listed out of order
• Fixes an issue in CarPlay where Now Playing controls become unresponsive after multiple track changes
• Adds ability for VoiceOver to announce playback destinations and AirPod battery level
For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222
MacDailyNews Take: Oh, boy, it’s snappy!
No Messages in the cloud?
This is an iOS update. Messages in the cloud would not be tied to a certain OS, since it would be accessed through a browser.
He is referring to the feature, promised last June, of keeping our messages synced across our iOS devices and Macs.
Thank you… correct.
Does it fix how the camera app will stop working and hold whatever image it had on open no matter what mode you put the camera in? And how it will often cause audio stutters (if listening to something in the background) and sometimes crash/reboot on a new X with the current OS? That’d be great.
How is it snappy?
Another update, another cockup in waiting!
Fix your junk add operating system Apple. Garbage and that comes from a long loyal customer. If not fixed in 90 days I will recycle about 7k worth of Apple garbage. Unacceptable.