Available in five metallic finishes, Apple’s new US$49 iPhone Lightning Dock perfectly matches your iPhone. Choose from black, space gray, silver, gold, and rose gold.
You can use it to charge and sync any iPhone that has a Lightning connector, but it’s especially useful for Apple’s new iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus which eschew the antiquated 3.5mm headphone jack.
Your iPhone sits upright in the dock as it syncs or charges, so it’s ideal for a desk or countertop. Even when your iPhone is in an Apple-designed case, it’s easy to dock. And you can unlock iPhone or use Touch ID without having to remove it from the dock.
Here are some ways you can use the iPhone Lightning Dock:
• Connect your headphones to the dock so you can listen to music while you sync and charge.
• Connect the dock to powered speakers or a stereo using a 3.5 mm cable to play music and podcasts from your iPhone.
• Connect the dock to your computer with the USB cable included with your iPhone to sync iPhone and charge its battery.
• Connect the dock to an electrical outlet using the Apple USB Power Adapter included with your iPhone to charge the battery.
• Place your iPhone in the dock and enjoy clear audio during speakerphone calls.
More info here.
Apple VP calls 3.5mm headphone jack ‘a dinosaur,’ says ‘it’s time to move on’ – September 8, 2016
Apple kills the headphone jack – September 7, 2016
Apple reinvents the wireless headphone with AirPods – September 7, 2016
Apple’s iPhone reveal: Death of antiquated 3.5mm headphone jack heightens anticipation – September 7, 2016