You can keep one playlist on your Apple Watch at a time. Sync the playlist from your iPhone, then listen to your songs using Bluetooth headphones.
Make a playlist
To make a new playlist, follow these steps:
1. On your iPhone, go to the Music app and tap Playlists > New Playlist.
2. Name your playlist and tap Save.
3. Tap either Songs or Artists to search for music to add to your playlist.
4. When you find a song you’d like to add, tap (+).
5. When you’re finished, tap Done.
If you want to edit a saved playlist:
1. Open the Music app on your iPhone and tap Playlists.
2. Pick a playlist by tapping it. Then tap edit.
3. To delete songs, tap (-) > Remove. Tap Done when you’re finished. To add songs, tap (+). Then find music by tapping Songs, Artists, or Albums. Tap (+) to add songs to your playlist. Tap Done when you’re finished.
Sync your playlist
1. Connect your Apple Watch to its Apple Magnetic Charging Cable.
2. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Bluetooth and make sure Bluetooth is turned on.
3. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
4. Go to Music > Synced Playlist to see your iPhone playlists.
5. Tap the playlist you want to sync to your Apple Watch.
6. When a message next to your playlist says Sync Pending, your playlist will begin syncing from your iPhone to your Apple Watch.
7. Wait until the sync is finished before using your Apple Watch. To see the sync progress, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and tap Music.
Find the playlist on your Apple Watch
Before you can find the synced playlist on your Apple Watch, you’ll need to connect to Bluetooth headphones:
1. Put your Bluetooth headphones in pairing mode using the instructions that came with them. You might need to enter a passkey or PIN (Personal Identification Number).
2. On your Apple Watch, go to Settings > Bluetooth. Your Apple Watch will search for nearby Bluetooth devices.
3. Choose your Bluetooth headphones and enter a passkey or PIN if asked.
After you’ve connected your Bluetooth headphones, you can find the playlist on your Apple Watch: Force Press the Music app on your Apple Watch. Then tap Source > Apple Watch to see your playlist.
MacDailyNews Take: For our Bluetooth headphones, we went with the JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones in Midnight Black ($124.99). So far, they work perfectly and they sound just fine during runs and while working out (better than many wired headphones we’ve tested).
Remove a playlist from Apple Watch
Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and tap Music > Synced Playlist > None. Put your Apple Watch on its charger and your playlist will be removed.
Note: Your Apple Watch playlist is limited to 1 GB by default. In the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, you can change this setting to 2 GB, 500 MB, or 100 MB. If you prefer to limit by song number, you can limit your playlist to 15, 50, 125, or 250 songs.