“The fashion editors were invited to have a play with the new Apple Watch in Paris,” Jess Cartner-Morley reports for The Guardian. “Here are five things of note from a morning of madeleines and wearable tech.”
1. You will definitely want one. To be specific, the one we’re going to want is the rose gold one, with the white strap. I suspect this, inevitably, will be the most expensive one. The $349 (a UK price has not been announced) rubbery one is nice, but – it’s all about the gold. Sorry.
2. Jony Ive and Marc Newson are power players in fashion now. Forty-five minutes before the Chanel show was due to start, Karl Lagerfeld himself arrived at the Apple Watch preview, and sat down with Anna Wintour to try on a watch and be talked through the functionality by Ive and Newson. If that’s not Apple flexing some powerful fashion muscle, I don’t know what is. The breakfast launch was impeccably fashion-week-worthy: it took place at Colette, the most famous boutique in Paris, with espressos and Evian and miniature madeleines. Further proof that Paris fashion royalty are on Team Apple Watch: Azzedine Alaïa is hosting a dinner in honour of Ive.
3. If someone you set as a ‘favourite’ messages you, the watch gently taps your wrist.
4. Lagerfeld kept his own watch on his left wrist, and tried the Apple Watch on his right.
5. Jony Ive looked chic in a pale blue shirt and pale blue suit.
Read more, and see the photos, in the full article here.
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Reader “Charlie Bing” for the heads up.]
Apple’s Jony Ive and Marc Newson show off Apple Watch at Colette event in Paris – September 30, 2014
Apple’s design team headed to Paris Fashion Week, likely for Apple Watch event – September 29, 2014
Can Apple disrupt the luxury watch industry with a $10,000 Apple Watch? – September 17, 2014
Jean-Claude Biver: ‘The Apple Watch cannot compete at all with European watches’ – September 15, 2014
What the Apple Watch says about Apple – September 15, 2014
Tim Cook of Apple Watch battery life: ‘You’ll want to charge them every night’ – September 12, 2014
Old school watch makers don’t get Apple Watch – September 12, 2014
Apple Watch, the world’s first real smartwatch, will be a massive hit – September 9, 2014
Apple iWatch designer Jony Ive: Switzerland is in deep shit – September 4, 2014