“With the news coming out of Apple’s keynote today that Wi-Fi Calling will be enabled with iOS 8 – I’m excited to welcome our iPhone customers to the convenience and ease of T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling,” Mike Sievert, T-Mobile USA Chief Marketing Officer, blogs for T-Mobile.
“One of the best things about T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling is that it’s so simple to use. You don’t need to activate anything or download a special app. Just connect to any available Wi-Fi network, check that Wi-Fi Calling is turned on on your capable smartphone, and make a call (or send a text, email, etc.) as you normally would,” Sievert writes. “That’s it.”
From T-Mobile’s Wi-Fi Calling Fact Sheet:
Customers with capable smartphones can automatically benefit from T-Mobile’s Wi-Fi Calling. Specific features include:
• No additional services charges
• Extends coverage in areas with little to no wireless coverage
• Integrated experience on T-Mobile capable devices – no extra app necessary
• Uses your existing phone number – no additional logins necessary
• Let’s you call or message virtually anyone
Capable device and Wi-Fi connection required for Wi-Fi Calling; may decrement plan minutes.
Read more in the full article here.
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Readers “Judge Bork” and “Lynn Weiler” for the heads up.]