President Barack Obama today will face a group of executives including Apple’s Tim Cook and Yahoo’s Marissa Mayer whose companies are pushing the U.S. to curb broad government spying on communications.
Julianna Goldman reports on Bloomberg Television’s “Bloomberg West.”
The list of tech exec. attendees at today’s meeting:
• Tim Cook, CEO, Apple
• Dick Costolo, CEO, Twitter
• Chad Dickerson, CEO, Etsy
• Reed Hastings, Co-Founder & CEO, Netflix
• Drew Houston, Founder & CEO, Dropbox
• Marissa Mayer, President and CEO, Yahoo!
• Burke Norton, Chief Legal Officer, Salesforce
• Mark Pincus, Founder, Chief Product Officer & Chairman, Zynga
• Shervin Pishevar, Co-Founder & Co-CEO, Sherpa Global
• Brian Roberts, Chairman & CEO, Comcast
• Erika Rottenberg, Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary, LinkedIn
• Sheryl Sandberg, COO, Facebook
• Eric Schmidt, Executive Chairman, Google
• Brad Smith, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, Microsoft
• Randall Stephenson, Chairman & CEO, AT&T
Direct link to video here.
Obama to face Apple CEO Tim Cook, Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer, other tech execs pressing for NSA limits – December 17, 2013