“Brand loyalty, customer satisfaction, after-sales satisfaction and more… These factors help make the Apple product desirable,” Jonny Evans writes for Computerworld. “The company’s move to offer the new iPad as ‘the new iPad’ underlines just how much hold it now has on the tablet market. The iPad is the tablet market, and the new iPad is an even better version.”
Some stats to confirm these claims:
• Apple is the world’s most-admired company, says Fortune.
• 74% of existing iPad owners say they’re “very satisfied”. Just 49 percent of users of other tablets and 54 percent of Kindle Fire users feel the same.
• 48 percent of existing iPad owners plan to buy the new iPad.
• The upgrade cycle is rabid — 16,000 older model iPads were listed on eBay in the last two weeks.
• Apple’s online store almost collapsed on weight of pre-orders in the hours following this week’s launch event.
Much more in the full article here.
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Reader “Fred Mertz” for the heads up.]