Enterprise Device Alliance conducted a survey of ~130,000 IT professionals from Sept 26 – Oct 15, 2011. In all, 277 qualified organizations representing between 1.45 million and 1.7 million users responded from such companies as Duke Energy, DeBeers Diamonds, Southwest Gas, IBM, NASA, Pfizer, Banco De Brasil, Northrup Grumman, and many more.
Among the survey’s findings:
• Smartphones are broadly accepted and used most widely to access email
• Tablets (led by Apple with 75% market share) have engendered enormous curiosity (over 90% of organizations have some) but not full acceptance
• Diverse applications are driving usage models for tablets
• IT Managers see a wave of new responsibilities accompanying mobile devices.
• IT managers are just beginning to manage mobile devices.
• Mobile Device Management usage will triple in the next year
• Security issues are the major impediment to broader acceptance and tighter integration of Tablets
Source: Enterprise Device Alliance