Paramount Digital Entertainment, Bad Robot and QMx present the Super 8 app for iOS devices. The app is free for a limited time.
The Super 8 app is compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch (4th generation), iPad 2 Wi-Fi, and iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G.
Super 8 is the ultimate Super 8 camera emulator for your video-capable iDevice. Using Super 8, you can make your own vintage movies and add lens, filter and shake effects, arrange clips and scenes the way you want them; you can even add your own credits. When you’re done, send your Super 8 movie off to be developed. Your masterpiece will appear in your personal movie library where, with the tap of a finger, you can view your movie in the built-in Super 8 projector room, export it to a computer or email it to friends. Super 8 offers seven lens effects, three animated filters, a scratch-and-dirt overlay and frame shake effect that you can mix-and-match to create a wide variety of looks for your movies.
Super 8 Features
– Scratch-and-Dirt Overlay
– Add/Change Filter Effects
– Switch Between Front and Reverse Camera Views (iPhone 4 only)
– Analog Time Elapsed Counter
– Turn On Camera Light (iPhone 4 only)
– Turn On Frame Shake Effect (set accelerometer or tap activation in app prefs)
» CAMERA FRONT
– Change Lenses Between:
• Black & White
– Arrange or Delete Scenes (clips)
– Add or Delete an Authentic Super 8 Film Leader
– Edit Film Title
– Add Credits
– Develop Your Film
– Select Movie to Play
– Change Movie Titles
– Delete Movies from Library
– Pull Down Screen to Start Movie
– Reverse, Pause/Play and Forward Playback Controls
– Share (email movies or save them to a computer via iTunes)
– Access Your Camera
– Open Your Movie Library
– Super 8™ Instruction Manual
– Found Footage: playback your movies to see if they reveal missing frames from the S8 Editing Room film! Be the first to collect all the frames to unlock a new clip at S8editingroom.com!
More info and download link (free for limited time) via Apple’s iTunes App Store: Super 8 app.