VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework, that plays most multimedias files, medias and streaming protocols.
A bit after the 1.1.2, VideoLAN says they “had to fix some important crashing bugs and you deserve a new release.”
What’s new in 1.1.3:
• Taglib crash (CVE-2010-2937 / VideoLAN-SA-1004)
• Fixes for FTP relative paths and directories
• Fixes for Podcast and DVD modules
• … and many other crashes and errors fixed
• Extensions and scripts updates
• Miscellaneous fixes in interfaces
• Updated translations
More info and download link here.