Apple’s iPhone 4 videos, including ‘FaceTime’ directed by Sam Mendes (with video)

Once again, Apple redefines what a phone can do. FaceTime brings you phone calls like you’ve never seen before. Text and images look amazing on the Retina display — the highest-resolution screen ever on a phone. A 5-megapixel camera with LED flash and HD video recording and editing let you shoot and share from anywhere. All on the world’s thinnest smartphone.

Apple – iPhone 4 (6:14)

Direct link to video via Apple’s official YouTube channel here.

People have been dreaming about video calling for decades. iPhone 4 makes it a reality. With the tap of a button, you can wave hello to your kids, share a smile from across the globe, or watch your best friend laugh at your stories — iPhone 4 to iPhone 4 over Wi-Fi. No other phone makes staying in touch this much fun.

Apple iPhone 4: “FaceTime” – directed by Sam Mendes (1:53)

Direct link to video via Apple’s official YouTube channel here.

Nicholas Graham writes for The Huffington Post, “Apple’s excellent ad department has a new commercial, directed by Sam Mendes (director of American Beauty and Revolutionary Road, among others) extolling the wonders of the new video calling app ‘FaceTime.’ Despite knowing that it only functions between two iPhones and while on WiFi, we have to admit this ad is pretty effective–what do you think?”

Full article here.

[Thanks to MacDailyNews Reader “MacVicta” for the heads up.]

45 Comments

  1. The new iPhone looks great. Definitely a big leap forward. Though, I’ll wait until 2011 for the next gen… just like I said about the iPad.

    (Typed on my iPad.)

  2. Any news not about the iphone and ipad? Feels like the mac is like a black sheep. I use the mac 99% of the time and all i hear is f news about the f iphones and pads. Has the world stpp using mac os x?????

  3. I hope developers get some apps to allow video conferencing twixt folks other than iphone 4 to iphone 4. The camera is there. Why should it only work with a second iphone 4. Oh yeah, they need too sell more iphones. As a stockholder I should be happy. Sort of a hollow though.

  4. It would be so friggin nice if it would not only work between 4g iPhones, but between 4g iPhones and Macs running iChat. It would make it easier for my mom to call me anytime. Right now we have to make a phone call and say, hey launch iChat.

  5. The FaceTime clip is very effective – I see Apple cutting each vignette into separate 30 second ads.

    MDN – how come you link to Google’s YouTube, and not the the Apple.com pages that are the source of these clips?

    Yeah, the links will change eventually. By then the new iPhone intro will be history, but you aren’t MacDailyHistory.

  6. And I will wait forever apparently since I have zero goddamn AT&T;coverage.

    My wife wants Internet on the go, and I’m finding it harder and harder to explain why we should keep waiting.

    97 percent coverage you AT&T;bastards? Well it really blows to be in the other 3 percent.

    In 2011, I’ll go android if I have to . . . . ” width=”19″ height=”19″ alt=”long face” style=”border:0;” />

  7. Watch the Keynote. Apple did all the work on FaceTime and are now going to release it as an open standard. Which means eventually, if some crappy droid developer can find a way for that POS to run FaceTime without choking, well then it will. Nice way to test the Android platform!

  8. Wyatt,
    Not to worry. The Mac is constantly being upgraded and developed. It is growing far ahead of other brands. You now start to see them un-self-consciously on news desks and seminars. It’s the only machine to have in advertising, communications, photography, sound recording, motion picture, financial, science labs, journalism, and on and on. I’ve got them at home and work and getting another MBP this summer.

    But now and going forward, the massive growth numbers for computing will be in devices like the iPhone and iPad. That’s where the marketing emphasis must be.

Reader Feedback

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.