“Lots of extremely rational reasons exist to choose a Mac running OS X over a Windows PC. Macs can leave you happier and more productive than you would have been if you’d bought a Windows system, and feeling you got good value for your money even though a Mac is never the cheapest option,” Harry McCracken writes for Technologizer by way of PC World.
“When friends toss the eternal ‘PC or Mac?’ question my way, these are the points I bring up in favor of the Mac. They’re listed rough order of their positive impact on your everyday computing experience as I see it,” McCracken writes.
8 reasons why your next PC should be a Mac:
1. Macs are consistently consistent.
2. The joy of predictability.
3. Who needs security headaches?
4. Crud, or the lack thereof.
5. Details count.
6. Apple is one of the world’s best software companies.
7. The Apple Store’s Genius Bar rocks.
8. Hey, Macs are PCs. (You can slum it with Windows if you have to, even if you won’t want to.)
Full article here.
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Reader “Wandering joe” for the heads up.]