Aspyr Media has released a free patch for Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare for Mac. This update (259 MB) will bring the Mac version of the game up to the current PC version so Mac users will be able to play cross platform. There are two versions of the same patch –
For physical and/or retail copies of the game, download the patch here: http://support.aspyr.com/index.php?x=&mod_id=2&root=237&id=585
For digital copies of the game downloaded through http://www.gameagent.com, download the patch here: http://support.aspyr.com/index.php?x=&mod_id=2&root=237&id=584
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 1.7 patch update contains the following fixes:
• New maps Creek, Chinatown, Broadcast, and Killhouse
• Hardcore and oldschool server browser filters
• Fix for a Denial of Service attack.
• Fixed an exploit that allowed players to access certain console dvars during multi-player matches.
• Fixed a crash that could occur when a Chinatown Sabotage match would go into over-time.
• Fixed a bug where the MP icons (Bomb, Defend, Capture, etc) were always showing up as English regardless of the install language.
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is available now through Aspyr’s website for US$54.99 here.