Apple today released Aperture 2.0.1 which addresses issues related to performance and overall stability. It also fixes a number of other minor issues. This update is recommended for all Aperture users.
The update includes fixes that impact the following areas:
• Upgrading libraries from earlier versions of Aperture
• Publishing .Mac Web Gallery albums
• Preview generation and deletion
• Creating and ordering books
• AppleScript support
• Keyboard shortcut customization
• Appearance of metadata overlays in the Browser, Filmstrip, and on light tables
• Watermarking of emailed photos
• Highlight Hot and Cold Areas
It also fixes a number of other minor issues, some involving the following areas:
• Smart Albums
• All Projects View
• Straighten Tool
• Drag and drop import
• Thumbnail generation
• Import window
• Export plug-in reliability
Note: Aperture updates available via Software Update or the Aperture Download page can be used only to update full versions of Aperture and cannot be used to update Aperture Trial software. However, the Aperture 2 Trial has been updated to 2.0.1. If you’ve already started your trial, you can simply download the new trial version and continue using it. The 30-day period of the trial will continue from the original date of first usage.
Aperture 2.0.1 Update is available via Software Update and also as a standalone installer.
More info and download link (43.9MB) here.