Apple today released iMovie ’08 7.1 which addresses several areas including video and audio editing capabilities, and performance associated with opening and switching iMovie Events and Projects. This update also supports general compatibility issues, improves overall stability, and addresses a number of other minor issues.
iMovie 7.1 new features include:
• Multiple Clip Selection: Select multiple clips in order to assign keywords, paste adjustments or reorganize clips in your project faster than ever.
• Fine Tuning: Quickly refine the start or end frame for any clip without leaving the Project view.
• Still Frame Creation: Freeze the action for creating a dramatic ending or applying the “Ken Burns” effect on any frame of your video clip.
• Frame-by-Frame trimming: Adjust each clip to the perfect start or end frame using frame-by-frame precision trimming.
• Audio Ducking level control: Dip music tracks and background tracks to the perfect level as voice over or other audio comes in and out of your movie.
• Manual Audio Fades: Make smoother sounding audio transitions by manually adjusting the fade duration.
• Performance Improvements: Enjoy your video more quickly by switching between any of your Events.
• Set Duration for Transitions and Stills: Change the duration of photos or length of your transitions without accessing Preferences.
• Show Current Playhead Time: Get duration or timing information at a glance as you skim through your Events or movie.
Note: In order to install this update you will need to download the iLife Support 8.1 update first. The iLife update supports system software components used by all iLife application, improves overall stability, addresses a number of other minor issues and supports general compatibility issues.
iMovie 7.1 is available via Software Update and also as a standalone installer.
More info and download link (44.6MB) here.
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Reader “Jim – TIV” for the heads up.]