“With only a brief preview of its new iPhone, Apple has yanked the rug from under the rest of the industry. The talking heads desperately need to something to say. Here’s what they’ll all be saying, and why they’ll be wrong,” Daniel Eran writes for RoughlyDrafted.
Eran’s Ten Myths of the Apple iPhone:
1. iPhone is missing EVDO (or some other high end feature) which will stifle adoption
2. iPhone is priced too high. It needs a 2 GB version for $299 lacking phone features
3. iPhone should be sold unlocked, not tied to Cingular service
4. iPhone software is a closed model, therefore the sky is falling
5. iPhone is just a phone with features lots of other phones already have
6. Cisco owns the iPhone name, which presents an impossible conundrum of epic proportions
7. Apple will need to port iLife 07 to Windows in order to have a photo viewer for PC users
8. An integrated battery is a significant problem for users
9. OMG Scratches
10. Apple can’t figure out how do do a phone
Full article here.
FUD Alert: Analyst – I am pretty skeptical Apple’s iPhone can succeed – January 11, 2007
Apple calls Cisco’s ‘iPhone’ trademark lawsuit ‘silly,’ says ‘very confident we’ll prevail’ – January 11, 2007
The massive FUD campaign against Apple’s iPhone ramps up – January 10, 2007