Chronos has officially discontinued StickyBrain and replaced it with SOHO Notes, the premier note manager for Mac OS X.
If you’re a registered StickyBrain 4.x user, you can upgrade to SOHO Notes 5.5 for FREE. If you’re a registered 1.x, 2.x, or 3.x user, you can upgrade to SOHO Notes 5.5 for $25 which is the same as it previously cost to upgrade to StickyBrain 4.x.
Why is StickyBrain being replaced by SOHO Notes? According to Jerry Halls, Vice President of Sales at Chronos, “StickyBrain has had an incredible six year run. What started out as a powerful alternative to Apple Stickies has become a bestselling and award-winning note manager for Mac OS X. SOHO Notes is like a big brother to StickyBrain—it does everything StickyBrain does plus more. In order to simplify our product line and bring more focus to our SOHO Series of products, we feel that now is a good time to move our users from StickyBrain to the more powerful SOHO Notes. The transition will be seamless for our users and they’ll gain all the additional features of SOHO Notes for FREE. The transition is really just a product name change with a bunch of gratis bonus features.”
SOHO Notes looks almost exactly like StickyBrain but has three significant features that StickyBrain doesn’t have:
1) SOHO Notes can synchronize notes between multiple computers using a .Mac account.
2) SOHO Notes can access multiple note databases simultaneously.
3) SOHO Notes is multi-user capable which means users can share notes with others over a network using the product’s client/server technology.
Registered StickyBrain 4.x users can immediately download and start using SOHO Notes 5.5 for FREE. SOHO Notes will automatically recognize and open their StickyBrain database.
Registered StickyBrain 1.x, 2.x, and 3.x users wishing to upgrade to SOHO Notes 5.5 can do so for the same $25 upgrade price that upgrading to StickyBrain 4.x would have cost.
SOHO Notes 5.5 requires Mac OS X v10.4.7 or later and is a Universal application (runs natively on both PowerPC and Intel-based Macintosh computers); and 60MB of available disk space.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q) Is there really much difference between StickyBrain and SOHO Notes?
A) With the exception of the three significant features mentioned above, the products are exactly the same and are derived from the same code base.
Q) Will I notice much difference running SOHO Notes as opposed to StickyBrain?
A) No, the main difference will be the name change.
Q) What does SOHO stand for?
A) SOHO stands for Small Office/Home Office. Chronos created its SOHO series of products just over two years ago and has been focusing its efforts on this series of products ever since in an effort to become a market leader in this segment.
Q) Why is Chronos discontinuing StickyBrain and transitioning users to SOHO Notes if the products are so similar?
A) Two reasons. First, Chronos wants to simplify its product line which eliminates confusion for users. Second, Chronos wants to focus its resources on a single product instead of two products.
Q) Are there any downsides for users transitioning from StickyBrain 4.x to SOHO Notes?
A) No, none that Chronos can think of.
Q) Are there any advantages for users transitioning from StickyBrain 4.x to SOHO Notes?
A) Yes, users get the same great product with significant new features for free.
Q) SOHO Notes previously cost more than StickyBrain. Why then isn’t there a cost associated with the transition?
A) SOHO Notes previously retailed for $69.99 while StickyBrain retailed for $39.99, a $30 difference. Chronos wants this transition to be a positive experience for everyone and hopes providing the more expensive product for FREE will greatly help achieve this.
Q) I previously purchased SOHO Notes instead of StickyBrain. Can I get a refund of the price difference?
A) Chronos has a 10 calendar days price protection policy. See http://www.chronosnet.com/Purchase/purchase_guarantee.html for more information.
More info and download link here.
• Introducing the super-fast, blogging, podcasting, do-everything-out-of-the-box MacBook. Starting at just $1099.
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.