“Sony Corp.’s once-dominant personal music player business is struggling against Apple Computer Inc.’s iPod despite the introduction of new models over the past year, Sony president Ryoji Chubachi said,” Yukari Iwatani Kane reports for The Wall Street Journal.
Kane reports, “Sony’s Walkman digital music players failed to meet their initial target for the past year, Mr. Chubachi told reporters. He declined to describe a strategy to bounce back over rest of the year. ‘We miscalculated with the Walkman,’ he said.”
Full article (paid subscription required) here.
In other news, wood comes from trees, Windows is a poor man’s Mac, and hens lay eggs.
• Introducing the super-fast, blogging, podcasting, do-everything-out-of-the-box MacBook. Starting at just $1099.
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
The unmitigated disaster story of Sony Connect – May 31, 2006
Recurring joke: Sony preps ‘iPod Killer’ – again – April 28, 2006
BusinessWeek: Apple’s iPod+iTunes Store ‘kicking the stuffing out of Sony’ – March 03, 2006
More blood on Apple iPod’s Click Wheel: Sony’s Walkman Bean is cooked – February 13, 2006
Bear Stearns analyst: ‘Apple is becoming what Sony always wanted to be’ – January 27, 2006