“Best Buy Co. Inc. is taking a little nibble of Apple computers,” The Associated Press reports.
“The nation’s largest consumer electronics retailer is testing the possibility of selling Apple Computer Inc.’s full line of computers in its stores,” AP reports.
“Best Buy has added Apple computers in seven stores and it’s considering expanding Mac sales across the chain, Best Buy Senior Vice President for Merchandising David Morrish said at the company’s annual meeting on Wednesday,” AP reports. “Morrish said the test began four weeks ago.”
AP reports, “Morrish said the computers are being sold by Best Buy employees who have been trained by Cupertino, Calif.-based Apple. He said Best Buy is watching to see whether the computers can be sold profitably, and whether Best Buy employees can provide the level of customer service that Apple customers are used to getting in an Apple store.”
Full article here.
MacDailyNews Take: It’s good to hear that Best Buy employees charged with selling Macs have been trained by Apple. Maybe this thing has an outside chance of working after all?
• Introducing the super-fast, blogging, podcasting, do-everything-out-of-the-box MacBook. Starting at just $1099.
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
Related MacDailyNews articles:
Analyst: Best Buy may ‘rapidly’ expand Mac pilot program – June 05, 2006
Best Buy mucks up MacBook photo on website; shows MacBook Pro instead – June 01, 2006
Best Buy now selling Apple MacBook Pro, MacBook, and iMac models – May 31, 2006
Apple Mac mini now available at 671 Best Buy retail stores – April 06, 2005
It’s official: Apple acknowledges Best Buy to carry Mac mini models – April 05, 2005