“One year after Apple Computer announced plans to use Intel processors in its computers, Apple is pushing the world’s largest chip maker into new directions, a top executive said Monday. ‘They push us to think about things that we may not always think about,’ said Anand Chandrasekher, senior vice president and general manager of Intel’s sales and marketing group. ‘We were hoping for that to happen and that certainly happened,’ he said,” Sumner Lemon reports for IDG News Service. “Apple’s view of how the computer market will evolve has influenced Intel’s product roadmap, Chandrasekher said. That impact will be felt over the long term, rather than showing up soon, he said.”
Lemon reports, “Apple’s demand for processors that produce less heat has been felt at Intel. ‘You can anticipate that they probably pushed us on packaging and thermals and things like that,’ Chandrasekher said.”
Full article here.
• Introducing the super-fast, blogging, podcasting, do-everything-out-of-the-box MacBook. Starting at just $1099
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.