“Apple Computer[/org] could see slight downside to analysts’ fiscal third-quarter iPod unit estimates, according to a recent Piper Jaffray report. ‘While it is way too early to make a call on June quarter iPod results, we have analyzed the first month of NPD data (April) for the quarter and found that it suggests iPod units of around 8 million,’ wrote analyst Gene Munster. The Street is currently looking for 8.6 million iPods in the June quarter; Munster’s model anticipates 8.25 million,” Maya Roney reports for Forbes.
Full article here.
MacDailyNews Note: Last quarter, Apple shipped 8,526,000 iPod units. In their year ago fiscal third-quarter, Apple shipped 6.155 million iPods.
• Introducing the super-fast, blogging, podcasting, do-everything-out-of-the-box MacBook. Starting at just $1099
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.