“Demand for Apple’s MacBook Pro and Intel-based Mac minis is still solid, according to UBS Investment Research. The firm believes the new 17-inch MacBook Pro and upcoming Intel-based MacBooks — which could be announced tomorrow — should lend support to its estimates for five percent year over year unit growth for Macs in the June quarter,” MacNN reports. “UBS estimates that consumer sales account for well over half of Apple’s revenue, and while demand for MacBook Pros is still strong the company may continue to be impacted by the Intel transition on a short-term basis. ‘We continue to be pleasantly surprised by our checks which indicate that there has been solid reception of the new Intel-based Mac minis. The new Mac minis appear to be off to a stronger than expected start as our checks continue to indicate units are being purchased both as media centers and low-cost entry-level Mac options.'”
“The firm notes that demand for Mac minis is not limited to Apple stores, pointing to a CompUSA it visited which indicated that the Intel-based minis continue to see relatively solid demand there as well,” MacNN reports. “Sales of new Intel iMacs remain relatively solid with consumers, according to UBS, but sales continue to be slower with professionals and “prosumers,” who are still waiting for the release of more high-end software applications. ‘We believe momentum in Mac sales should continue in 3Q06 and continue to believe 2Q06 was the trough quarter for Mac sales.'”
Full article here.
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
Related MacDailyNews articles:
Cowen & Co survey shows strong Apple Mac sales prospects, Boot Camp impact ‘broadly positive’ – April 18, 2006
Wall Street’s Apple jitters overblown: Strong demand seen for Apple Intel-based Macs – February 16, 2006
Analyst: Apple seeing strong sales of iMac Core Duo, MacBook Pro, 5th generation iPod – January 25, 2006