“Apple Computer Inc. raised its estimate for fiscal year 2006 capital expenditures to $700 million, from its previously reported estimate of $420 million. The company said in its quarterly report filed Friday with the Securities and Exchange Commission that it expects to use about $210 million of the total capital expenditures for 2006 for expanding its retail segment and $265 million for real estate acquisitions, which include its second corporate campus and a new data center,” Kristina Henderson reports for Dow Jones.
“Also, the company said it expects about $225 million of its total capital expenditures for 2006 to be used to support normal replacement of existing capital assets and enhancements to general information technology infrastructure,” Henderson reports.
Full article here.
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Reader “Kevin” for the heads up.]
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
Cost of Apple’s second 50-acre Cupertino campus could top $500 million – April 25, 2006
Apple CEO Steve Jobs plans new 50-acre campus in California – April 19, 2006