“On April 27, the US Patent & Trademark Office revealed an Apple patent titled ‘Online purchase of digital media bundles,’ originally filled in May 2005. According to the patent, it appears that Motion Pictures and e-books are coming to Apple’s iTunes Music Store, as noted in this report,” neo reports for Macsimum News.
Full article with details of the patent application here.
Apple appears to be getting all of their ducks in a row before releasing new content via iTunes Store and new “true” video iPods.
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
Samsung claims to have won contract for next-gen Apple iPod chip design – April 26, 2006
Report: Apple withdraws Quanta video iPod order, shifts to unspecified vendor – April 26, 2006
RUMOR: Apple asks studios to include iPod video content on Blu-ray discs – April 25, 2006
Analyst expects Apple to launch higher capacity iPod nanos, new large screen video iPod this year – April 20, 2006
RUMOR: Apple delays new video iPod for redesign of touch-screen interface – April 13, 2006
RUMOR: Apple soon to debut video iPod with 4-inch display, to roll out with iTunes movie service – March 02, 2006
RUMOR: True Apple video iPod with 3.5-inch display, touch-screen click wheel coming soon – February 09, 2006