“If you haven’t seen the video of Steve Jobs addressing Cupertino City Council the other night, it’s worth checking out. The really interesting thing about it is the way his performance contrasts with his Macworld keynote speeches. Gone is the polished showman. There’s no slick slideshow or whooping audience (in fact there’s barely an audience at all). And Jobs seems much more nervous talking to the Council members than he does addressing the world’s media at Macworld,” Kenny writes for Mac Vista.
“Note the way he shuffles, scratches and adjusts his glasses. He appears to be almost humble. But is it for real, or another example of Jobs’ supreme communication skills? Among the many things Jobs is good at is talking to an audience. He’s an expert at adjusting his pitch to suit the recipient of his message in order to ensure he gets what he wants. And I think this is what he is doing here,” Kenny writes.
Full article here.
MacDailyNews Take: The maestro plays ’em like a fiddle.
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
Transcript: Apple CEO Steve Jobs addresses the Cupertino City Council – April 20, 2006
Apple CEO Steve Jobs plans new 50-acre campus in California – April 19, 2006