“Apple Computer Inc. on Wednesday posted a 41 percent increase in quarterly profit that beat Wall Street targets and said sales of its highly successful iPod digital music player topped 8.5 million,” Duncan Martell reports for Reuters. “Apple also issued a forecast that was below current expectations, but its shares rose nearly 5 percent as analysts said that the company was being conservative, some investors were covering short positions and that its gross profit margin was strong.”
“Apple, also the maker of Macintosh computers, said net income for its second fiscal quarter ended April 1 rose to $410 million, or 47 cents per share, from $290 million, or 34 cents per share, in the year ago period. Revenue rose 34 percent to $4.36 billion from $3.24 billion,” Martell reports. “Analysts had expected a net profit of 42 cents per share and a profit of 43 cents per share before items, on average, on revenue of $4.50 billion, according to Reuters Estimates.”
“For the current quarter, Apple said it expects earnings per share in a range of 39 cents to 43 cents on revenue of $4.2 billion to $4.4 billion. Analysts currently expect earnings per share of 47 cents, on average, on revenue of $4.72 billion. ‘They exceeded what they guided to pretty significantly,’ said Shannon Cross, analyst at Cross Research. ‘I would imagine they are going to do that again next quarter, which most people expect will be the low’ during the transition to Intel Corp. microchips,” Martell reports.
Full article here.
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
Apple Computer surges in after hours trading following earnings report – April 19, 2006
Apple Q2 2006 Conference Call notes – April 19, 2006
Apple reports Q2 2006 earnings: $4.36 billion revenue, $0.47 earnings per share – April 19, 2006